Tuesday, January 12, 2010

God Impossible

i am only posting this here because i am linking it to my 365 blog... i'll probably delete it before i return to using this blog as my main.

if not, well... i guess this will be my one and only 2010 post on this blog. :)

---


God Impossible

I see my reflection in the mirror
So different from what they see
Darker eyes, wiser mind
Who is this I see?

My mind screams alarm
Who am I as I watch myself
I’m losing this fight
It’s useless and I don’t know

I think I’m losing my mind
I’m judging who I don’t know
Myself in the mirror so far away
Lost to myself

Images pass in my mind
I can’t see it’s all too fast
My reflection dims
And I am no longer me

I want to go away
Hide as before
The reflection stands without pity
And I don’t know who I am

I scream out to no one
No reply in this silence
I don’t understand as I fall to my knees
Praying for some god impossible

The reflection laughs as I begin to cry
And I don’t know what happened
I lost track of the time
Wasted away on some drunken dream

My mind is reeling
I begin to fear as the prayer escapes my lips
I want it to end
I’m afraid of who I am

I look to the mirror
It’s me as I was before
Lost and afraid in the comfort of the dark

Yet it’s new
It’s something I don’t know
My eyes see a world I never knew
And I wonder why

I see my reflection in the mirror
Not who I used to be
Darker eyes, wiser mind
No longer the kid I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment